This year we will
be holding our annual Community Grant round in May 2017. We also have held an opportunity to submit an Expression of Interest to our Multi-Year
Partnership Program in February-March 2017.
Community Grant - Apply in May 2017
nib foundation's Community Grant program supports community initiatives which will make a positive difference to the health and wellbeing of Australian communities, with a focus on the health of young people, and carers.
A Community Grant round is held each year and applications are invited from eligible organisations across Australia.
Funding of $5,000 to $50,000 will be provided to 10-15 organisations each year to undertake projects that run for approximately 12 months.
Key dates for 2017
- 1 April 2017 - Community Grant Guidelines and application form now available to download at the Apply page
- 1 May 2017 - Community Grant round opens
- 31 May 2017 - Community Grant round closes
- Mid-September - Applicants will be notified of grant round outcomes
- November 2017 - Successful projects can commence from November, however many applicants prefer to apply for a calendar year project commencing January 2018
Before you apply, check your organisation's Eligibility and read the assessment criteria on our Community Grant page.
For more information about our previous community partners please see the Community Partners page or view our latest Community Report.
Multi-Year Partnerships - call for EOIs now closed
Since 2009 nib foundation has established partnerships with 13 not-for-profit organisations, providing sizable grants over a number of years to address prevalent health issues in a new or innovative way. Until 2015 these partnerships focused on the needs of two specific groups; youth and carers. (Note: This partnership grant was previously called the National Grants program).
During 2016 we undertook a strategic review of our grant-making activity and revised the focus of the Multi-Year Partnership program. You can read more about our new direction on the Multi-Year Partnerships page.
Application to this program is by invitation only. Multi-Year Partnerships are normally identified proactively, and on an adhoc basis as a vacancy in this program becomes available. Each year, most of our budget is invested with our ongoing partners.
In early 2017 we received Expressions of Interest from eligible groups who would like to be invited to apply for funding.
Key dates for 2017
- 1 February 2017 - Call for EOIs
- 17 March 2017 - EOIs close
- May 2017 - Outcomes of the EOI process will be notified by email